Friday, January 16, 2009

Announcement! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!


Finally! I can reveal the project I've been working on! 

So. Awhile ago I was contacted to make some videos and be a part of a contest.  
It's the Netflix Greatest Kiss Contest.  

The idea is to make a few videos all reenacting famous kissing scenes from well known movies (what with Valentines day coming up and all)! This required me to get as creative as I possibly could.  I've planned for 4 videos (this may change) and since the date this was all going to kick off was changed, almost all of my footage has been shot and edited for awhile, each one is as versatile as possible.  Expect the unexpected! 

The movies I chose? Cruel Intentions, Titanic, Jerry McGuire and Gone with the Wind.  I'll be uploading my first in the series late tonight.  The goal (since this is a contest) is to get my video enteries A.) Viewed as much as humanly possible, and B.) Get as many video responses as humanly possible.  So what's the prize? Three videos are picked and those creators sent to NYC where they'll reenact the scene for a panel of judges.  The final winner wins an all expense paid trip to Las Vegas.  I will be posting a lot of material in a very short amount of time.  

The site where you can see this is http://www.youtube.com/user/Netflixgreatestkiss So here's where I need YOUR help, fellow youtuber / internet junkies! Help me with views! When each goes up if you can help spread the word, post your video response (doesn't have to be anything fancy, whatever you can do is wonderful)! Share this info and link with anyone you think will be willing to help! 

Why should you do this? This is a great way to get yourself seen as well, since a lot of people in this industry will be checking out the site, videos and responses! 

I also want to give you incentive to help me, too.  For the person who can help me the most, as far as spreading the word, getting a large number of people involved with the views/responses, you'll get a 'prize' (more on that later) from me, when all is said and done, and promotion! Cool? So head over to the site, keep checking back from now until february 10th and let's do this, yo! 

PS VOTING may also be invloved...so keep an eye out and be sure to vote for me! :)

xoxo Deena Marie Manzanares

No comments:

Post a Comment