Sunday, January 18, 2009

Dinosaurs & Inspiration


Because I geeked over "Walking with the Dinosaurs" so much, today I took my parents! 

Turns out my aunt and uncle and two cousins were sitting right next to us! 

This was my dads birthday present.  I knew my parents would love it.  I really wanted us to see it together, since one of the reasons why I love it, is because it takes me back to being a kid.  I have gone to the Museum of Natural History for as long as I can remember with them.  The dinosaur room never looses it's magic.  I have pictures of me sitting in a giant footprint from the time I am around 5 up until just last year. He he.  

My dad is not in the best of health, but was feeling pretty good today, thank goodness, since that means he could relax and enjoy getting out and doing something fun.  Everyone loved it, just as I knew they would.  We bought T shirts after and discussed it all the way home.  It raises so many questions.  I want to know everything.  Already, I want to see it again! 

So.  What gets you thinking, what inspires you? What are you interested in that maybe nobody would expect you to be? Are you inspired / moved by people? Events? Art? 

For me, besides the science I've already talked about, the big ones are words and theatre.  As in great poetry/books, and plays.  Films too.  Especially sweeping, tragic love stories.  Tell me yours!

xoxo Deena 

No comments:

Post a Comment