Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another New Home Owner

We had another Habitat family become a home owner today. We closed this afternoon on TriState Habitat for Humanity's 200th home. It was really exciting for me to witness this one. It's been a long process for this family who have been living in some pretty awful conditions. It was so cool to get to see the new home owner sign her closing documents and get the keys to her new safe, decent, affordable home.
While I get a paycheck for my work with TriState Habitat for Humanity, days like today are my real pay days. It fills me with such joy to know all of the time, energy, volunteer hours, and donations have been building up to this one moment. It was truly a time to celebrate and thank God for what God has accomplished in this family's life through the ministry of Habitat.
I continue to be honored and humbled by this work and ministry to which God has called me.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment