Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeling Lonely

I'm feeling kind of lonely tonight. I'm not sure what's going on with me. Sometimes it just hits me. I wonder if it's a bit of depression setting in. I got to thinking about friends who live far away. I also was thinking about fun times I had with those friends in the past. I miss being with those friends. I also miss having friends who will spontaneously jump in the car and meet me for ice cream late at night. I haven't developed those kinds of friendships yet.
It's always hard for me to make new friends when I move to a new community. I think it's one of the curses of being an introvert. It just takes longer for me to build friendships than it does for extroverts. I know it will happen but I get impatient. I know getting involved in a small group at my church will help. I also know that just being in the community longer will help me to connect with people. Right now, it's just hard.
The good news is that I know God has some wonderful people out there whose paths I have yet to cross. So, I use times like this evening when I'm feeling kind of lonely to pray for those friends whom I haven't met yet. I pray that God will connect us soon. I also pray that God will allow us to be blessed by one another's companionship in wonderful and lasting ways. I also give God thanks for friends past, present, and future. Thanks for being a part of my journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment