Friday, September 30, 2011

Postcards and Prayers

Thanks for your prayers for my brother-in-law Rob. He came home from the hospital today. I ask for continued prayers for his recovery.

Today the printer finally delivered the 30,000 postcards that we will be mailing to residences in targeted areas around our Habitat service area. It was quite a delivery. I don't think I've ever seen that many boxes of postcards before. I'm grateful for the delivery guy who wheeled them in and unloaded the cart. I'm going to start printing the labels next week. Our Volunteer Coordinator is working on recruiting volunteers to stick on all the labels. We estimate it will be at least a two day project. I have a feeling labeling postcards is going to be in my future. I continue to ask for your prayers for this big outreach to families living in poverty and substandard housing in the TriState region.

On Sunday afternoon, I'm attending a donor cultivation event in Oxford, Ohio for TriState Habitat for Humanity. It will be a chance for people to see the first house that we are building in our twenty home subdivision in Oxford. Two of our Habitat Partner Families will be present to meet people and thank them for their support. I ask for your prayers for this event. It's the first event like this we've done since I've been at TriState Habitat. I am hoping it will be a blessing for those who attend and for TriState Habitat for Humanity.

Beyond the event on Sunday, I don't have much planned for the weekend. I think I'm going to just relax and take it easy. I'm sure Netflix will be a part of the weekend. I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment