Sunday, April 3, 2011

Down for the Count

In case you've been wondering, I have been sick since last Thursday afternoon and have not felt like blogging. Actually, I have not felt much like living. It all started with a sinus headache and then moved to my chest. I have been coughing like crazy and trying to sleep as much as possible which is not much since I have been so stuffed up and can't breath. I didn't even feel like watching Netflix. I basically was in bed for two days thinking about where I wanted my ashes to be scattered after my imminent demise.
I have never been a very good sick person. When I get sick it's more than just illness for me. It's like some clash between the forces of good and evil. I make Job look like a rose-colored glasses optimist. I have a tendency to be overly dramatic and this is amplified to the power of ten when I'm sick.
Today I had to go out to the store because I was out of Kleenex and toilet paper. These are not good things to be without when you are sick. I've been through three boxes of Kleenex in the past three days. The weather outside was beautiful today when I went to the store but I was bundled up in several layers.
I am hoping the worst of this is behind me. I did watch some Netflix today. I've watched six episodes of Columbo. However, I don't seem to have much energy. I am doubtful about returning to work tomorrow.
I would appreciate your prayers for healing. I know I will get through this. Thanks for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment