Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.
- Rainy Days and Mondays, The Carpenters
Today was both a rainy day and a Monday. It was pouring down rain when I went into the office. It was dreary and wet. I began to remember the lyrics of the song Rainy Days and Mondays sung by the Carpenters. The words seem to fit the day and my mood. It was a bit crazy at the office and I still feel like I'm trying to catch up from being sick. The rain kept coming down and I felt like I wanted to go home and cover up with my Snuggie.
I love when a song seems to express all that I'm feeling and all that is going on in my life and heart. The Carpenters were masters at this. I have always enjoyed their music. It was good to remember this particular song and the memories connected to it. I saw myself sitting in the living room of the house I grew up in in Mishawaka, Indiana. I remember the green shag carpeting. I remember the big stereo with the turntable and eight track tape player. I remember the wood paneling and the picture window that looked out across the street to the golf course. I remember rainy days from the past and how I love the rain and the way it washes and renews the earth.
So, while rainy days and Mondays can get me down, they can bring back wonderful memories too. Thanks for being a part of my journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment