Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Evening of Celebration and Thanksgiving

Tonight was a wonderful evening of celebration and thanksgiving. We held our annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner for TriState Habitat for Humanity. It was awesome! We got to hear some wonderful testimonies and celebrate what God is doing in our midst.
We heard the personal story of a teenage girl whose mother is a Habitat home owner. The girl talked about how having a safe, decent, affordable home has made all the difference in her life. She later sang a song and brought those gathered to our feet with applause.
I then got to introduce the Habitat Partner Family for whom we are building TriState Habitat for Humanity's 200th home in Trenton, Ohio. It was great to be able to tell her story and tell people about what she is looking forward to as her house is constructed.
We then thanked volunteers and gave small gifts to them according to the number of years they have volunteered.
We also got to witness the symbolic passing of the hammer from our current Executive Director to our new Executive Director.
I come away from this evening inspired and thankful for all that God has done and is doing in the life of TriState Habitat for Humanity. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve those in need. I am grateful for the wonderfully gifted volunteers with whom I work. I am thankful that God has led me to this place at this time. I am blessed and filled with hope when I think about all that God is doing in my life.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment