Saturday, October 30, 2010

Church Orientation Class

I attended the second and last orientation class at my new church home. It was again a great experience. I felt inspired and very excited as I heard more about the church's ministries and future dreams. I feel like I am coming to the church at a really exciting time. There is change in the air and under the leadership of the pastors, I think that the church is poised to make an even larger impact in Cincinnati and in the world.
Today we talked about the expectations of church membership. We also learned more about the church's specific ministries in Cincinnati and around the world. All of the activities and opportunities for service and witness make my head spin. It seems as if God is up to some wonderful things as they move forward into the future.
I also got a chance to talk with one of the associate pastors who shared some about her ministry and plans that she has to help the congregation members care for one another. She told about a life-changing prayer ministry that is helping to transform the church and people's hearts. Her story really touched my heart.
After the orientation, three of us stayed around for a tour of the building and grounds. I must say, it is one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen. It's a Gothic revival design built in the 1920's. There are some really amazing stories connected with the church. What I most love about it, is the church building is not treated like a museum piece but it is used nearly every day of the week. As ministry has changed, the congregation has not been afraid to make changes to their building in order to adapt to new ways of reaching people for Christ. We also learned on the tour that just last year, the congregation was able to get the building on the National Register of Historic Places. It's truly a wonderful building that is a useful tool for helping people to grow in their faith. I really love worshipping there.
I am very excited about the opportunities that I will have for ministry in this new church home. It's a great place to be and I look forward to meeting more people and sharing my gifts with this community of faith.
I hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment