Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Let's Do the Time Warp Again

I just finished watching Glee tonight. I loved it! It was a  Rocky Horror Picture Show themed show. I loved the issues is raised and hearing the cast sing the songs from the movie. It was so great how the episode unfolded and came out in the end. I never thought I would find myself agreeing with Sue Sylvester but her news commentary made a lot of sense to me. This was another great episode on a great show.
As I heard the music, I thought about the first time that I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show in the theater with some friends in high school. It was a midnight showing. My friends were regulars and knew all the lines. I had no clue what was going on but I remember how fun it was. We threw toast. We sprayed water. We threw hot dogs. We danced down in front of the screen. It was one of the most unusual movies I've ever attended. There was something truly freeing about it. It was fun to laugh and experience this silly movie with friends.
I'm grateful to the writers of Glee for this episode. What wonderful memories it brought back for me. Fun, friends, and Dr. Frank-N-Furter - what could be better than that?
On a more serious note, we had a big storm move through the area today. The tornado sirens went off several times and I guess some tornadoes were spotted somewhere in the area. The rain seemed to be coming down horizontally. The power to our office building went out at work. We have no windows in my part of the office and it was very dark. I hung around for a few hours hoping that it would come back on because I have a ton of stuff to do. However, it never did and I ended up leaving early. Tomorrow and the rest of the week are going to be very busy for me. I guess I better head to bed. Tomorrow will be a long day.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment