Friday, October 29, 2010

Weekend Plans

I am ready for the weekend. I have the second and last orientation class at my church tomorrow morning. I am very excited about learning more about the church and its mission and ministry. I am also looking forward to better discerning how I might share my gifts with this congregation and the greater community.
I need to do my weekly chores on Saturday afternoon and evening. It's all the exciting stuff: doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom. Later in the day I hope to be able to relax and watch some Netflix movies. I may try to sneak in a nap sometime during the day.
Sunday I plan to worship at my church. I am looking forward to this time. It always helps to recharge my spiritual batteries. Sunday afternoon I'm headed over to my friend Karen's house for scary movies and dinner. Watching movies is of course a favorite activity of mine and watching movies with friends is even better.
I am really looking forward to this weekend. I know God has some wonderful blessings awaiting me and I hope that I am able to recognize them and appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment