Thursday, February 24, 2011

Creative Writing Class

I had another creative writing class tonight. It was great session. We shared our writing with the class and then received critique. I got some very good feedback about my story. I have a lot of editing to do.
The thing I like most about the class is that most of us were together in the last class. We have become more comfortable with one another. We are able to laugh together and offer more honest feedback than we did in the first writing class I attended. Along with this, I am really coming to respect my classmates as writers. We all have different styles but I like that. Experiencing this diversity is very good for me. It exposes me to different ways of expressing ideas through the written word.
We also did an interesting exercise. We took a Myers-Briggs style personality test. I've taken this test many times. We then read an article about how our personality type may impact our writing process and style. As I read the article, I began to laugh. It described me pretty accurately.
We have several assignments for next week. It's going to be a busy week for me as I try to fit it all into my schedule.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment