Friday, February 25, 2011

Long Day

Today was a long day. It was a long day at the end of a strange week at work. Our server had a melt down at my office. I was without a computer for about a day and a half. After the server was up and running, I spent most of the rest of the day on yesterday reconfiguring my computer. It set everything back to like the computer was brand new. All of my settings and preferences were gone and the computer kept asking me questions and messages kept popping up. It was irritating. On top of this, something happened with our email and my inbox was flooded with duplicate emails from three months ago up to the present. When it was all done, I had almost 150 emails to sort through. I got off pretty good though. One of my co-workers had over 3,000 old emails fill her inbox.
The best part of my day was meeting with one of our Habitat Partner Families to talk about his materials selection for his new house. While very limited, our families get to choose things like the color of siding, carpet, counter tops, and vinyl flooring. It's usually a fun meeting because for most of our families this the first time they have ever been able to choose any of this stuff. They are always excited and usually a bit overwhelmed.
Tomorrow, my friend Karen and I are scheduled to walk 8 miles for our half-marathon training. Winter weather has returned to the area and so we have decided to walk tomorrow morning at a local mall. The mall opens at 7:30 AM so we should be able to get our walking done before most of the stores open. I will probably follow my pattern and plop on the couch for the rest of the weekend recovering from my walking. This has not been a good week for my walking. I did fine on Tuesday but only walked about two miles on Thursday. In addition, I did not feel very well all day. I am hoping this will pass and I will be fine walking tomorrow.
Well, I'd better get to bed. I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment