Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day of Celebrations

Today was a day of celebrations for me. I started out the day by participating in the Wall Raising Service for the first house in our new 20 home sub-division in Oxford, Ohio. It was a wonderful celebration. This has been many years in the making. A lot of people prayed, worked with the City of Oxford, donated resources of time and money, and kept the dream alive. Today was a huge step in the journey for both TriState Habitat for Humanity's work in Oxford and for the Partner Family who helped to raise the first walls of their home.
I am so excited to see more homes built in this subdivision. However, before this happens, we will need to get more families approved as Partner Families. I continue to ask for your prayers regarding this. It is a slow process. I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed by it all.
This afternoon I attended the wedding and reception of my boss' son. It was a nice wedding. I got to sit with some of my fellow employees and a Habitat volunteer so that made it fun.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment