Friday, May 13, 2011

Goods News . . . from the IRS

I couldn't blog last night. I tried to log on and got a message saying that Blogger was experiencing some kind of problems with their system.
Anyway, if I would have been able to blog, I was going to share with you that I got some good news from a surprising source: the IRS. You may remember that I wrote some weeks ago that the IRS sent me a letter stating that I owned the government money. After sitting on hold for a long time, I finally go in touch with two different people who told me that they didn't understand why I received the letter. They had to investigate it and then get back to me in a month.
Well, the first month went by and I received a letter from the IRS stating that they still hadn't resolved the issue. They needed more time. The letter said that they would communicate with me in another month. Then I received a letter this week stating that I no longer own the government any money and they consider the matter resolved.
I do wonder how much money it cost the government for them to mail me three letters, have IRS employees talk to me on the phone, and have people research why they made an error in the first place. I'm sure I will end up paying for it in the end in some way.
I am looking forward to a nice quiet weekend of rest and Netflix. I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment