Monday, July 26, 2010

Salt

I went with my friend Karen and her son to see the movie Salt today. The movie stars Angelina Jolie who plays a CIA agent. I must admit that my head is still spinning after watching the movie. This is an action movie on steroids. Jolie's character is able to leap onto speeding trucks, make missiles out of office chairs, and disguise herself to fool high security personnel.
While the plot is not very plausible, I really didn't care about that. I liked the action. I liked the twists and turns of the plot. I liked being surprised by what happened. I liked not being able to figure out who were the "bad guys" and who were the "good guys". For me, it was just fun summer entertainment.
I'm grateful that I have Mondays off this summer to be able to catch do things like this. I'm grateful for being able to re-connect with Karen. It is truly a God thing that we live to so close to one another.
I'm looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow. I have meetings tomorrow that will take up most of my day. I also am hoping that we are going to be receiving a lot of requests for applications for home ownership at Habitat for Humanity. We were able to have a flyer sent out with every utility bill in the city of Hamilton. The city's population is about 60,000 and there are over 24,000 households. So, that means that our flyer went out to around 24,000 families. This doesn't include businesses. So, I'm hoping we will get some interest in our program and be able to serve more families living in need.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment