Friday, September 24, 2010

Great Meeting

I had a very good meeting this morning with the Director of the Head Start program in Oxford, Ohio. The Director seemed very interested in what TriState Habitat for Humanity is doing in Oxford and how we might be able to partner with some of the families who have children in the Head Start program. I was glad that I was able to talk with her and share more about Habitat and the twenty home sub-division that TriState Habitat for Humanity will be building in Oxford.
I really like being out in the community talking with folks about Habitat. I enjoy sharing with people the mission of Habitat and how we give families a hand up out of poverty housing. I  find that I sometimes have to really control myself when I'm talking or I would blab on forever. I get very excited and animated. I want everyone to embrace the importance of our work and the huge impact it can have on their communities.
I filled with pride when I talk about how we help to change families' lives. In ways that I can't even understand, there is a powerful transformation when families move from living in deplorable sub-standard conditions to safe, decent, affordable homes. Children often do better in school when they come home to a safe home. Frequency of illness decreases as families are removed from unhealthy environments that contain mold or insect/rodent infestations. Families are less stressed when they live in an energy efficient home that allows them to spend far less on utilities.
I cannot say it enough, I am both humbled by and filled with gratitude for this ministry to which God has called me.
I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment