Saturday, September 25, 2010

Liberty!

I'm watching the PBS series Liberty! about the American Revolution. It's a very well done program. I like the balance between the interviews with historians and actors portraying Revolutionary leaders in costume. All of the actors words are taken from actual letters and documents from the period.
I really enjoy history and learning about different periods of history. I love it when I get to learn about the lives of the people involved in those events. I wish that when I was learning history in school there would have been more about the people connected to the events and less memorization of dates and boring facts. In Liberty! the American Revolutionary period comes alive for me. I'm learning about and being inspired by these incredible people who lived through these challenging times.
I hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment