Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wall Raising Service

I participated in the wall raising service today at our latest home to be under construction through TriState Habitat for Humanity in Hamilton, Ohio. It was a beautiful morning and a great day to celebrate with staff, volunteers, and the partner family. I was so grateful for the honor of being a part of this service. It was so cool to see the first two walls raised on this home. The crew of mostly women were busy driving nails as I arrived. I wondered what the neighbors thought about all of this noise. Hopefully they will welcome this family with open arms to their neighborhood.
I look forward to the day when we will gather together at this same site for the house dedication when construction is completed. This will also be a great day of celebration and a time to give God thanks and praise for all that has been accomplished. For now, however, there is much work to be done. I ask for your prayers and construction moves forward on this newest home.
I hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment