Saturday, May 29, 2010

As the Deer

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God.
- Psalm 42:1, NRSV

Yesterday morning I did not want to get out of bed and go for my walk. I woke up early and just lay there for a while. I am not sure why. While I usually enjoy my walks, I often find it hard to pry myself out of bed and get on my way. Yesterday morning was not exception.
I did make it out for my walk and I am glad I did. I walk by an open field on my walking route. When I walked by that field yesterday morning I saw a deer grazing on the fresh green grass. She saw me and then trotted off into the tree line on the other side of the road. However, for just a brief moment, I was blessed to see the wonderful creation of God. It was a truly a holy moment and I would have missed it had I not crawled out of bed.
Seeing this deer, made me wonder how many wonderful signs of God's love I miss because I am either distracted or just too lazy to notice. All around me, God has filled this world with signs of love, hope, and grace. God continues to call my name and show me the path that leads to life. My hope and prayer is that my soul will continue to long for and seek God's presence in my life.
I hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment