Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Goodbye Sunshine!

Another Biggest Loser episode was on tonight. There are only two more episodes left. I've not watched the show before so I'm learning how the whole thing works. My understanding is that they go home for a month and then come back for the final weigh-in.
The final four are Ashley, Darris, Koli, and Michael. I am a bit surprised that Ashley is still on the show. She has never really pulled big numbers in the weekly weigh-ins but she has steadily lost weight each week. I also must confess that I am really pulling for Darris to win. From the beginning, I just really liked him and saw him as a serious contender for the winner of the entire contest. I am also grateful that Michael is in the final four. He was over 500 pounds when he started on the show and has lost over 200 pounds so far. Although, I could have done without his emotional meltdown this week.
I was sad to see Sunshine go but she has done very well and lost even more weight when she went home. I think she will do just fine in the future. She seems extremely motivated and focused. I loved that she went back to her high school and the gym was filled with family and friends cheering her on. What a wonderful feeling that must have been for her.
I continue to be inspired by the Biggest Loser. I struggle with the same kinds of issues as the contestants on the show. I know that I need to be more focused in trying to live a healthier lifestyle. It's so hard. I see the joy on the faces of the Biggest Loser contestants and I know that I could know that joy if I were more disciplined. I'm back on track with my daily walking. I didn't walk this morning due to a thunderstorm but I plan to be back out walking again tomorrow. I hope that I can keep it up and move forward.
I hope you are having a great week. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment