Saturday, May 22, 2010

Congratulations Paul!

I'm very pleased to announce that my nephew Paul is now a high school graduate! It was so great to see him walk across the stage with a smile on his face and receive his diploma. While I think he was a bit overwhelmed by it all, I think he really loved having this special time set aside for him. We went for a nice lunch afterwards and Paul ordered a great big steak and I'm pretty sure the whole thing was gone. We also got to have some cake to celebrate the day.
I was also glad I got to take Paul to Wal-Mart to spend some of his graduation gift money. As we were driving to the store, we talked a little and I was reminded of when I used to drive Paul to school each morning when I lived in Knoxville. Paul talked about all kinds of things. He ended up buying an assortment of things including clothes, CD's and snacks.
I'm very proud of Paul and I am hoping and praying that this is truly a commencement - a new beginning - for him. Paul still has many hurdles ahead of him but I know that God will make a way in all of this for this very special young man. I am grateful that I was able to be a part of his day of celebration.
Congratulations Paul! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment