Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Documentary Night

Tonight was documentary night for me. I watched three documentaries from Netflix. The first was about the Louisiana Governor and Senator Huey Long. The second was about the Wright brothers. The third was about the Statue of Liberty. All were great. I love Netflix! It's one of the best ideas anyone has ever come up with. I love being able to watch movies online and get them through the mail. For me, it's one of the best things since sliced bread.
I also really love history and learning about the stories behind famous people and events. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a history geek. I sometimes like to read articles on Wikipedia for hours. I love learning about places I've never visited and the history and culture of those places. I love learning how people lived in the past. When I study the past, I always seem to discover something new about myself and contemporary times. It reminds me that there is nothing new under the sun and that history often does repeat itself.
I hope you are having a great week. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment