Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm a Bobblehead

Well, yesterday I received a prize for winning the office pool for college basketball. Remember, I know nothing about sports. My co-workers encouraged me to submit a bracket which was quickly mocked because they thought my teams had no chance of winning. However, in the end, I was the only one to have chosen Duke. So, yesterday during our staff meeting I was presented with a kind of trophy as my prize. It's a custom designed Bobblehead doll decked out in a Duke basketball uniform. The head looks amazingly like me. In fact, it was modeled after a photo of me that one of my co-workers took and sent off to the company that makes these things. Who knew they did such things? The likeness is a bit scary (and even a little creepy). It really does look like me - glasses, double chin, chubby cheeks, and all. I've included a photo for your enjoyment. It is even labeled with my new title "Lord Kevin, Sportsmaster". It certainly is the closest I will ever get to wearing a basketball uniform.
I plan to keep it on my desk to watch over my work at Habitat. My co-workers also took the time to say some very nice things about me. It was a humbling experience.
I am grateful to work with such a wonderful team of people. They are very gifted and I am honored to be serving alongside them. We work hard but we also are able to laugh and have a good time. I know God has wonderful things in store for our team as we seek to eliminate poverty housing from the TriState region.
I hope you are having a wonderful week. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. I am really looking forward to the weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment