Sunday, March 20, 2011

D.E.A.T.H. (March 8th 2011)

At first I was hopeful, thinking she would fight it, she was strong. But in the end it took everything away from her. Her appetite. Her energy. Her fight. I guess mouth cancer is one of the most nastiest kinds of cancer because it makes it uncomfortable to eat, breath and swallow. Over one month it had grown like crazy and had taken over. She was still her, you could see it in her eyes, but at the same time she wasn't, she was tired and starving. She had lost wait.She was so skinny it was heartbreaking. It was peaceful and fast, but the hardest, most terrible thing you will ever have to do. Dogs are more then something you feed and pet. They are your family, your love, your life. I swear my dog Charly had a 6th sense. She could tell when me or my sister were sick, for she would never leave our side. Intelligent, daring, beautiful, soft.She was the best dog in the world, and that is NOT open for discussion. "I remember she once ate a whole half of a chocolate cake, but she was so clean and decisive about it we almost didn't think it was her. She left no trace, no crumbs or anything! I also remember she would eat anything we gave her... Bannanas, toast, lettace, cheerios, cheese or Peanut Butter (her favourite). She always gave you a look, asking for more even though she had already eaten two full meals and treats. That dog had a look that would melt your heart." Charly,we love you and miss you so much. You were 15 going on 16 even in your golden years you would run around in circles and try and "herd" us. We never could catch you .Alas how time has flown and I won't be able to harrass you by putting dresses and skirts on you anymore. See you on the other side, where the peanut butter tastes better my " in the womb" buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment