Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Celebrating an Amazing Ministry

Today was the first official day of the Habitat for Humanity conference here in Atlanta. Yesterday was for pre-conference workshops. It was a day to celebrate what Habitat is doing in the United States and around the world. They did a wonderful PowerPoint show set to music that gave statitics and affiliate milestones. We also got to see some affiliates receive special awards for their work and ministry. We also heard from Habitat's very first volunteer Clive Rainey. He is a great speaker and offered a prophetic witness to the two thousand participants gathered for the Conference. It was awesome to see and I got a bit teary-eyed when I thought about all of the lives that Habitat has touched. It made me proud to be a part of such a wonderful organization.
I attended workshops today that focused much more on family services which is my area at TriState Habitat for Humanity. I learned some new things and also felt affirmed by the work that our affiliate has already accomplished. I am looking forward to more workshops tomorrow. The days are long and I get a little tired of sitting in the same room for most of the day, but I am so glad that I have the opportunity to be here.
I ran into more people that I know today. I saw some folks from the Habitat for Humanity of Anderson County affiliate I used to work for. I also saw a guy who was a member of the church I attended in Knoxville who works in Family Services at the Knoxville Habitat for Humanity affiliate. It has been wonderful to see folks I haven't talked to for a while.
Well, that's about all for tonight. I'm tired and I want to walk tomorrow morning. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment