Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Good News

Today is a day that I got to deliver good news to a family who has been approved as a Partner Family by the TriState Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors. I called the family and was able to be the first person to congratulate them.
I always tell families when I make a call like this is that now the really hard work begins for them. The application process may have seemed long and tried their patience, but now they were going to experience a whole new level of waiting. They have to begin completing their sweat equity hours. They have to begin making their down payment. They have to do all of these things while they continue to do all of the things that they normally do.
I love making phone calls like this. It's one of the best parts of my jobs. Some people respond with tears of joy. Some people whoop and holler. Other people are filled with a sense of deep gratitude and repeatedly thank me. Of course, I remind them that I had nothing to do with the decision. They met our qualifications and now we expect them to step up and partner with us to build a safe, decent, and affordable home for them.
I continue to be filled with gratitude for the opportunity to do this ministry. I am ever grateful that God has called me to this place at this time. I am thankful for the many ways that God is blessing TriState Habitat for Humanity. I sometimes feel like I am dreaming. God is so good to me.
I ask that you join me in praying for this family as they begin their partnership journey. Thanks for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment