Friday, March 18, 2011

A Break in the Weather

I think that for only the second time since we have been training for walking the half-marathon, my friend Karen and I will be able to walk outside tomorrow morning. We are supposed to walk nine miles tomorrow. It seems like winter has lingered on here or when it's warmed up, it's been raining. So, we are hoping to get outside tomorrow morning and walk a different route. It will be a nice change of scenery from the mall we've been walking in the past three Saturdays.
I continue to experience more than just exercise as I walk. It's good for me to have a walking partner to hold me accountable. It is also been a very good discipline for me. I need to be more disciplined in my food intake. I have failed miserably in this area. I guess I need to work on one thing at a time.
Most of all, I do feel better. I seem to be sleeping better and have more energy. I know that I could drop some weight I would really feel better. I ask for your prayers for this. I don't seem to have the will power on my own. I definitely need to lean on God for this.
I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment