Monday, August 22, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

Today was a busy, wild day at work. First thing this morning, I was in Batavia, Ohio for a meeting with a Habitat Partner Family for their materials selection meeting. They got to choose their carpet and siding colors and a few other choices for their house. This is always an exciting meeting but it can also be a bit overwhelming for folks who have never been able to make these kinds of choices about their home.
After we got back to the office, I had a staff meeting to talk about current and future construction projects. This is always a good meeting when we have it. It's the way that people in the office find out what's going on at each construction site. I find it helpful so that I can keep families informed about the progress on their homes.
By the time these two meetings were over, it was the middle of the afternoon and I had a pile of work to do. I was excited to see that we had received two more applications for home ownership in the mail over the weekend. While it's a good problem to have, right now, I have a stack of applications that still need to be reviewed. I hope that I will be able to catch up tomorrow.
I'm grateful to be busy with all of this. It feels like we are making progress in the area of family recruitment. There is real energy and excitement within the affiliate as we reach out to more families who want to partner with us and move from substandard to safe, decent, affordable housing. It's a blessing and privilege to be serving in this way.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment