Monday, August 15, 2011

New Applications and Preparations for New Beginnings

God continues to bless us at TriState Habitat for Humanity. In the past, I've asked for your prayers for our family recruitment efforts and those prayers are definitely working. I was excited to discover this morning that we had received three more applications for our home ownership program over the weekend. Additionally, we received another application for home ownership today. Three of these four applications are from areas where we really need families. I am really excited about all of this.
To add to the excitement, I have been busy preparing to help three Partner Families close on their homes. In a few weeks, these three families will be moving from substandard conditions to safe, decent, affordable homes. I know the families are having a hard time being patient so I ask for your prayers for them during this time of transition and waiting.
Along with this, we will be starting three new homes in the coming weeks. On Saturday, we will have a wall raising service for a new house in Hamilton, Ohio. We also have plans to start new houses in Amelia, Ohio and Lawrenceburg, Indiana.
As you can see, it's both a busy and exciting time at TriState Habitat for Humanity. I continue to be grateful to God for the opportunities that I have to serve families in need. I am thankful that God has led me to this ministry at this time.
I continue to ask for your prayers as we move forward in ministry to give families a hand up out of poverty housing. Thanks for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment