Monday, August 8, 2011

Quote of the Day

Sometimes things just get a little silly at my office. Today was one of those days. I was helping my friend Karen clear a jam out of the copy machine. In order to do this I had to get down on the floor on my knees. Once I cleared the jam I tried to stand up. There wasn't anything to hang onto to help pull myself up and I struggled to get back on my feet. I said to Karen, "I need a winch to help me get up." Karen misunderstood me and must have thought I said "I need a wench to help me get up." I think Karen was a bit offended and surprised by my seemingly derogatory and sexist statement.
Our Office Manager then said, "No, he needs a pulley system, not a woman."
Well, I couldn't stop giggling about this for the rest of the day. I think if I ever write an autobiography, this might make a good title. :)
"No, he needs a pulley system, not a woman" is definitely the quote of the day and probably the week and it's only Monday. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment