Sunday, August 7, 2011

Strategic Planning

I spent the afternoon in a strategic planning session for TriState Habitat for Humanity. Participants were the staff and Board members. It turned out to be a really fun session. I enjoyed our time together and I feel like God is doing some great things through the process.
The session was held at a Proctor and Gamble training facility. It was a really cool place. It's decorated in really cool colors and filled with lots of Ikea furniture. There were a lot of snacks and other refreshments. The working space includes lots of flat screen televisions, dry erase boards, tables for small group discussions, and nice office chairs. There is also a main space that includes the food area and lots of fun things to spur creativity. There was an arcade type basketball game, a Pac Man video game, computers, and colorful kites hanging from the ceiling.
I'm sure a lot of big companies have facilities like this but I had never visited one before. I'm sure this is key to developing new products and marketing ideas. I kept thinking that the church really needs to do more things like this. I think it would grant us permission to think outside the box and develop new and creative ways in which to share the love of Jesus with the world.
We did a fun activity in this area. We divided into two teams and we did a relay race. We had to make three baskets with the basketballs. Then we had to hop on over sized tricycles and ride the length of the room and back. Finally, we had to hula hoop for at least five seconds. Our team lost but it was really close.
I'm grateful to one of our Board members who facilitated the session and who works for this facility and was able to get us in to use these facilities. What a wonderful resource to be able to use. I am also grateful for the wonderfully gifted people who took time out of their busy schedules and gave up a Sunday afternoon for the mission and ministry of TriState Habitat for Humanity.
I am truly blessed to be able to serve this wonderful organization. I am grateful to God for leading me to this place at this time in my life.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment