Thursday, June 24, 2010

Exciting News

We received word at my office yesterday that our Habitat for Humanity affiliate has been selected to participate in a pilot Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative being launched by Habitat for Humanity International. This will include programs such as A Brush with Kindness through which we can improve the exterior appearance of homes owned by low income families. There will also be opportunities for us to possibly offer zero interest micro-loans to homeowners so that we can make repairs to their homes and then use those funds as we are paid back to help other families.
I am excited that Habitat for Humanity International understands that Habitat affiliates need to serve more families than we have been able to serve through new home construction. Through the Neighborhood Revitalization Program we will be able to help eliminate the substandard conditions of entire neighborhoods.
I am really looking forward to the launch of this new program. I am excited about the possibility of serving more families in need. I am honored to be a part of helping to blaze new trails for other Habitat for Humanity affiliates. I also am praying that God will give us wisdom and guidance as we discover new ways to eliminate poverty housing from the face of the earth.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment