Saturday, June 26, 2010

House Dedication

I attended a house dedication today in Lebanon, Ohio for our latest completed home. I was honored to be able to represent the TriState Habitat for Humanity staff and Board of Directors during the dedication service. I was also grateful to be able to witness another family receiving the keys to their new home. This is always a wonderful blessing. For me, it's a kind of payday. To see a family go from living in substandard housing to becoming owners of a safe, decent and affordable home is like watching a miracle unfold before my eyes. It's always great to see the excitement on their faces. I love to watch the children giving tours and showing guests their new bedroom.
Prayers were prayed. The house was blessed. Volunteers and donors were thanked. God was praised. As I stood there in that home, I said my own prayer of thanks for the honor and privilege I have to be a part of such a powerful mission and ministry. I can't begin to thank God enough for leading me to this place at this time in history. God is certainly up to good things.
I hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment