Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lead Me On

I went back to the same church for worship this morning that I visited last Sunday. I really enjoyed the service last week and I wanted to give it another try. I've been doing a little research online about the church. I really appreciate their mission. I also really like that they are involved in a wonderful summer ministry in the city of Cincinnati. They are hosting youth groups from around the country who come and volunteer with inner city missions.
I've been praying that God would lead me to a congregation in which I could use my gifts and grow in my faith. As I've been checking out the church's website, I feel that there are lots of places for me to plug in and to be able to share my gifts. I have also been impressed by the pastor's preaching and have found myself thinking about last week's sermon throughout this past week. I'm guessing I will do the same in response to this week's sermon.
I was praying on the drive to worship this morning that God would give me a sign if this is the community with which I'm supposed to connect. During the worship service this morning, a soloist provided special music. One of the songs she sang was Lead Me On that was originally sung by Amy Grant. If you remember, this is the song from which I used the phrase Where the River Runs to name this blog. As I heard the woman singing, I felt as if God was speaking to me. Of all the songs that could have been offered as special music, this Amy Grant song from the 1980's was the one chosen as an offering to God. As I listened to the soloist sing, I felt as if God had definitely heard my prayer and was affirming me in my search for a new church home.
I don't know if this church is where God is leading me yet. I still have a few more churches that I would like to check out. However, this church is definitely in the running. In any case, I am offering praise and thanks to the God Who answers prayer and speaks into my life and my heart.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment