Saturday, June 5, 2010

Trip to Indy

I drove to Indianapolis today and met my friends Ian and Sheri for lunch. It was good to see them. We had a nice visit and a great lunch. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and I must admit that I splurged and tried their red velvet cheesecake. It was wonderful! I highly recommend it if you ever go to the Cheesecake Factory.
I had some time to drive today without the radio on. It was time to think and pray. I found myself thanking God again for this journey. I'm grateful for friends like Sheri and Ian who continue to love me in life. I am grateful for the path that has led me to a new job in a place that I enjoy working with people I respect and a job that allows me to make a difference in the world. I am grateful for evenings of iCarly with my nephew Cameron. I thank God for my new apartment and the ways in which God is working in and through me at this time in my life. I am thankful for God's love and grace that sustain me.
I can honestly say that this is the first time in a very long time that I feel at peace about so many different things in my life and ministry. I sometimes can't believe what has happened to me. I want to pinch myself to be sure that I'm not dreaming. God is so good to me. I am blessed beyond anything that I ever deserve. I thank God every day for allowing me to live this dream.
I hope you are having a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment