Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Great Weekend

I had a very nice long weekend. It's hard to believe it's nearly over. I am grateful that my friend Mari was able to come and visit. We had a good time yesterday. We went to Jungle Jim's in the morning and then ate at a restaurant in Newport, Kentucky that is right on the river. It was amazing to sit there and enjoy a great meal and see the skyline of Cincinnati across the river. We got to eat outside and it was wonderful. We then wandered around the mall that's in Newport. My favorite stop was at a wonderful art store that sells artwork from local artists. It's definitely a place to which I'd like to return. We then saw The Prince of Persia at the big multi-plex at the mall. The movie didn't do much for me. There was a lot of action and CGI but I found myself feeling a bit bored with the movie. I may just not have been in the mood for this kind of movie. Mari seemed to really like it.
I am looking forward to getting back to work. I start a new summer schedule tomorrow. In June, July, and August I'll be working four ten-hour days Tuesday through Friday. I am looking forward to a summer of three day weekends. I also am excited to get back to work. I have much to do and there are many challenges ahead. I hope and pray that God will give me guidance as I move forward in order to help more families in need.
I hope you are having a great week. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment