Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Relaxing Vacation

I continue to enjoy my very relaxing vacation week. I did venture outside my apartment today. I picked up a few things at the grocery store and then finally got my library card for the local public library system. I have been meaning to do this for some time but haven't gotten around to.
Tomorrow I'm headed to Indianapolis to visit with a friend from Ball State. I am looking forward to reconnecting with him and getting back to Indianapolis which I always enjoy visiting. It looks like we might get some rain here tomorrow. We are also experiencing a warming trend. It may possibly get up to 50 degrees by Friday.
As I've been relaxing on this low-key vacation, I have been thinking about another vacation I had several years ago when I didn't want to spend a lot of money but wanted to get away. My parents graciously allowed me to borrow their RV for a week. My Dad drove it down to Potato Creek State Park in North Liberty, Indiana for me. I rented a whole bunch of movies and took some books with me. I slept late, read, watched movies, and just relaxed.
While Potato Creek has some great hiking trails and a nice lake, I didn't make use of any of them. I stayed in the RV almost for the whole week. It was really hot and I don't like hot weather. I ran the air conditioner the whole time. In fact, when my Dad came to haul the RV home, the windows of the RV were all fogged up from the cold air of the air conditioner.
While most people go to camp grounds and have campfires and visit with their fellow campers, I didn't do any of it. I tried to avoid nature as much as possible. I know this probably was not the vision the state of Indiana when they created Potato Creek State Park.
I remember this week as one of my most relaxing and wonderful vacations. A Walden Pond experience it was not. Instead, it was a time to break from work. It was a time to get away. It was a time to relax and rest and renew my spirit. Like the week of vacation that I'm currently experiencing, it was a wonderful time just to be.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment