Friday, December 10, 2010

One Key Chain Found

I am very pleased to say after last night's odyssey that I found a key chain that was appropriate to use for our Habitat house dedication on Saturday morning. Thanks to my friend Mari who suggested I look at a Christian book store. I went to a Christian bookstore near my office today and found several very nice key chains from which to choose.
I ended up selecting a key chain with a passage of Scripture printed on it from Jeremiah 29:11 which reads: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD." I thought this was an appropriate verse and wonderful words of assurance for new home owners to reflect upon. God does indeed know the plans for each family and reaches out to bless them in powerful ways as they move from living in poverty housing to a home of their own.
I invite you to join me in praying for our house dedication tomorrow and for the family who will close next week on their new home. It's always an exciting time for each family and is a wonderful blessing for me as a staff member of Habitat for Humanity. I also know there will be times of stress for the family in the coming days as they move and try to make their new house a home. Of course there is the added stress of preparing for Christmas for this family so soon after they close. I am praying that God's peace will fill this house and this family's hearts.
Thank you for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment