Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Afternoon of Writing

I have had a wonderful afternoon of writing. I'm working on a new story that I started right after my creative writing class ended. I have worked on it on and off for the past few weeks but really hoped to get a lot of writing done during this week of vacation. So, being able to write all afternoon was a wonderful blessing for me.
I don't know exactly where the story is going. I have a rough idea. We learned in our writing class that rather than have all the details of the plot worked out in advance, it is often times better just to follow the lead of the characters as you go. This may sound weird but I have found that, for me, this is the best way for me to write. I don't have to worry about all of the details in the plot because they are unfolding as I'm writing. I also am just as excited as hopefully the reader will be to see where the characters are going.
I am grateful to God for the gift of writing in my life. I am grateful for this vacation at home to rest and write. I am grateful for the opportunity to express myself in this way.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment