Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter Storm

The entire Cincinnati area seemed to be shut down today due to the winter storm that went through the area last night and this morning. Most schools were cancelled and I think a lot of people stayed home from work. The only people in my office today were Karen and myself. Both the Northern Indiana natives were there while everyone else stayed home. I did leave a little early and was able to log into my office computer from home.
The worst part about the storm is that they simply do not have the equipment to handle snow. I didn't see a single plow until much later in the day when I went to Hamilton, Ohio for a closing for one of our Partner Families. This was definitely the highlight of the day for me - the closing not seeing the snow plow. I was able to get some work done since it was much quieter at the office. That was good.
I am looking forward to the weekend already. After being on the road last weekend, I feel like I just need some down time to do nothing. I want to work on my new writing project some more and I guess I need to think about doing some Christmas shopping - Yuck! I also think I'm going to make chili in my crock pot - Yum!
I hope you are having a great and snow - free week. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment