Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 Blessings

As 2010 winds down, I've been thinking a lot about the past year. I have much for which to be thankful in this past year. It has been one that has been filled with many blessings. I thought I would share a few of those blessings with you.
  • Work: I continue to be blessed by my work at TriState Habitat for Humanity. I work with an extremely gifted group of people who are all committed to the goal of eliminating poverty housing from the face of the earth. I wake up every day grateful that God has led me to this place at this time.
  • Friends: I have some of the most wonderful friends. They laugh with me, listen to me, sometimes feed and house me, encourage me, and push me to be a better person and more faithful Christian.
  • Family: My family continues to be a source of stability in my life. I'm so proud of my nephews and grateful for the blessings they bring to my life. I am thankful for the love that my parents and sisters show me.
  • Church: I am just getting to really know my church and becoming familiar with its ministries. I am grateful for the hard work of the staff who give their very best to serve and honor God. I am grateful for the worship services that challenge me and give me the opportunity to praise my Creator. I am anxious to become more involved in the church's ministries in 2011.
  • Faith: I continue to be grateful for God's presence and power in my life. My faith defines who I am and Whose I am. As I study the Bible, serve those in need, and connect to other Christians, I continue to discover new things about God and God's amazing love made real in Jesus Christ.
  • Writing: I rediscovered how much I enjoy writing this past year. I have had the chance to express myself through the written word through this blog; however, I have been able to expand this creative spirit within me by taking a creative writing class. While sometimes it was really hard, I also found myself feeling more alive than I have in a very long time as I spent long periods writing and creating a short story for my class. I am looking forward to enrolling in the next two sessions of this creative writing class series. I know God is up to something good in all of this.
These are just a few of the blessings in my life. God has been and continues to be so good to me. As 2010 comes to a close, I am grateful for the opportunity to look back and see all of the many ways in which God has blessed me. I look forward to the new challenges and opportunities that are before me in 2011.
Thank you for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment