Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcomed into a New Church Home

This morning I had the honor and privilege of being welcomed into a new church home at the church I have been attending. While I couldn't take the membership vows since United Methodist clergy are members of Annual Conferences, the pastors did invite me to stand before the congregation along with the others who became members. It was a very nice service and a very meaningful time for me.
After the service, we stood in the front of the sanctuary and people came up and welcomed us to the congregation. It was very nice to be able to meet some of the leaders and other members in the life of the congregation. I felt a real sense of being welcomed into a church family. Some might question how this is possible in such a large church (about 3,000 members). For me it all comes down to the spiritual DNA of the church. This is a regional church and so many people are from someplace else. They know what it means to be a stranger in the city and they take the time to welcome newcomers in Christian fellowship.
I am really looking forward to getting involved in ministry in the life of the church. I feel as if God has led me to this community of faith at this time in my journey and I want to give my very best to helping the church to expand its mission and ministry.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment