Monday, November 29, 2010

Back to Work Tomorrow

It's back to work for me tomorrow. I have a little bit of an idea of what to expect. I have already peeked at my email in box. It's full of all kinds of things I need to address. I also stopped by the office this morning to pick up my paycheck from last week. My desk has some things on it and my mail box is stacked with paper. I looked and there are at least some applications among the stack. That is exciting for me. I feel like there is some real momentum in our application receipts. Hopefully some of my family recruitment efforts are paying off. I also expect there to be some things that I don't know about. I'm sure there may be some mini-crisis to attend to and probably some voice mails to respond to.
I may regret writing this tomorrow but I am really looking forward to going back to work. It is exciting to think about the families who have submitted their applications. I can't wait to review them and determine if TriState Habitat for Humanity may be able to partner with them. I continue to be grateful for this opportunity to serve God and the poor in this way. I feel that each day I work, I am really a part of a vital ministry with and to the poor. For me, it doesn't get much better than this.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment