Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Opportunities to Reach Out

This is a week for me to have several opportunities to reach out to potential applicants for TriState Habitat for Humanity's home ownership program. On Monday morning I met with Head Start case workers in Southeastern Indiana. Tonight I met with Head Start leaders in Trenton, Ohio. Tomorrow I'm attending a health resource fair in Hamilton, Ohio. Friday I'm attending a health, safety, and resource fair in Middletown, Ohio.
I am grateful for each one of these opportunities to talk with people about the program and mission of TriState Habitat for Humanity. I find myself energized as I share the vision of Habitat for Humanity and see people's eyes light up as they dream of becoming home owners. I enjoy hearing their stories and encouraging them to apply.
Even if only one family is empowered to take the step of moving from living in substandard conditions to becoming an owner of a safe, decent, affordable home, then this will be time well spent.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment