Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Thanks for your prayers for our Habitat family recruitment event this evening. It went well. We did not have very many people show up but this is not unusual. It's a chance for people who have specific questions to ask them and get answers. Some people stayed for a while to start filling out their applications. We also got to spend some time talking with some of the families and hearing their stories. I always really enjoy this.

On this Veteran's Day, I'm finding myself filled with a deep gratitude. I listened to a couple of reports on the radio today about veterans and their families. I continue to be in awe of military personnel who continue to serve our country and endure repeated deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, and other places around the world. I can't begin to imagine the great stress that they are their families experience.
I also am reminded on this Veteran's Day that each day I live in freedom is a gift from those who have been willing to put their lives on the line. Many of these brave men and women gave the ultimate sacrifice of their lives. This humbles me and causes me to wonder if I could ever find within me this kind of courage.
I hope you will join me in praying for our veterans and their families.

Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment