Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Family Recruitment Event

I ask for your prayers for a family recruitment event that TriState Habitat for Humanity is sponsoring tomorrow evening. I will be facilitating the event in Bethel, Ohio. It's an opportunity for families interested in TriState Habitat for Humanity's home ownership program to ask questions, receive an application, and get a start on completing an application. We don't usually have a huge turnout at these events but it does give us a chance to connect to a few families and spend some time with people who may need some extra encouragement to apply for our program.
I really enjoy these public meetings because it gives me the opportunity to talk about the mission and ministry of Habitat for Humanity and meet potential applicants. I also enjoy being able to encourage people to take the next step in their journey towards realizing their dreams of home ownership. I get really inspired when I see people talk about the possibility that they one day might be home owners.
I am hoping and praying that those who need to be at this meeting will show up.
Thanks for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment