Thursday, January 6, 2011

Encouragement

One of the only ways that I am going to make it through the training program in preparation for walking the half-marathon is through the encouragement of others. If I were trying to do this myself, I don't think I would follow through with it. I have a very hard time motivating myself. However, when I know that others are counting on me or that I am a part of something bigger than just me, then it seems easier for me to do what I need to do. I guess this is why many people find life changing results in twelve step groups. It's hard to try to overcome an addiction by yourself. Having others who know what you're going through seems to really help.
So, tonight I'm giving God thanks for friends and family who love me enough to encourage me in my journey. Part of that encouragement may also mean holding me accountable when I don't do what I'm supposed to do. I sometimes just need a swift kick in the rear in order to get me motivated. I am also thankful that there are people in my life who will tell me the truth and who will not let me whine (too much).
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment