Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Walking Team

Well, it looks like we have a small team of walkers to join us for the half-marathon in May. My sister Stacey and my brother-in-law Rob will be walking. I recruited my friend Karen to walk and I think Stacey said she had a friend who was going to walk as well.
With this in mind, I suggested that we get walking team t-shirts made. Karen volunteered to design the t-shirts. So, now we have to figure out what we are going to call our team or if we want some kind of slogan to put on the t-shirts. Here were a few ideas we tossed around today when I was talking to Stacey and a few more I thought of:
  • The Sloths
  • The Couch Potatoes
  • I'd Rather Be Back in Bed
  • My Emergency Contact Number Is 513 . . . . .
  • The Heart Attack Herd
  • Please Have the Ambulance Ready for Me at Mile 1
  • I Can't Wait to Carbo-Load Again
  • I'd Like a Closed Casket Funeral Please
  • Marathon? I thought I was in line for the Dairy Queen!
  • No, I'm not doing an impression of Darth Vader. I'm walking in my first half-marathon!
Maybe you can come up with some other ideas. I would love to hear them. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment