Monday, January 24, 2011

Prayer Request

I have a prayer request. We are under a deadline related to some of the grants that we have received to build homes at TriState Habitat for Humanity where I work. One of the grants requires that we build three homes in a specific neighborhood the city of Hamilton, Ohio within the next year and a half. While it sounds like we can get an extension on this deadline, I think that the extension is only for up to six months. Also, if we meet the deadline and requirements of this grant, we will have access to future grants and other property in other parts of Hamilton.
Right now we only have one Partner Family approved for home ownership in Hamilton and there is no guarantee that this family will want to live in the neighborhood that qualifies for this grant. I have several applications in process but it's hard to tell if these families will be approved for home ownership. I also have some plans for family recruitment but it's been a hard road so far finding qualified families in Hamilton.
So, I ask for your prayers that God will send us families who want to partner with us and who want to live in this neighborhood in Hamilton. I also ask that you pray that God will give me the wisdom to know how best to reach out to families who may be interested in applying for our home ownership program. I also ask for the faith to trust in God through this process.
I know the right families are out there who are in need of a safe, decent, affordable home in which to live. I know that God will make a way. I know that this will happen in God's time and not mine. I just hope that God's timing is related to the deadlines of the grant. :)
Thank you for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment